Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM) will organize the 6th UUM International Legal Conference 2011 (ILC2011) on 19-20 November 2011 (Saturday and Sunday) at Bayview Beach Resort Hotel, Batu Ferringghi, Penang, Malaysia.
All are cordially invited.
For more information, please view our website at: http://www.uumilc.uum.edu.my/
The 6th ILC 2011 is a unique forum for presentation and discussion forum of the “legal state of the art” and future directions of legal researches and knowledge. The legal topics and debates published in the conference proceedings and concurrent slot presentations would further provide strategic impacts on furthering understanding of legal underlying issues, problems and mechanisms as well as the development of innovative legal approaches for facing the current legal challenges.
This conference is also the hallmark of the School of Law, College of Law, Government and International Studies (COLGIS), Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). The previous five conferences were successfully organized in Kuala Lumpur (2002), UUM (2003), Penang (2004), UUM (2007), and the recent last was at Universitas Air Langga, Surabaya, Indonesia in 2009. The main objective of the 6th ILC 2011 is to gather academicians and experts, particularly in the legal domain, in sharing, discussing and disseminating diverse legal topics and approaches that respond to many pressing contemporary legal challenges. They offer a kaleidoscopic demonstration of what must be discussed, debated and churned over as an outcome of the conference, as part of an enduring conversation that moves us from our complacency. It is my hope that this academic forum can become the beacon and mainstay to spur further academic activities for the benefits of all.
As a new milestone development to this conference, papers of interest may be selected for publication in the UUM Journal of Legal Studies (UUM JLS), being the official refereed journal of the School of Law, COLGIS. This journal serves as a bridge between the scholarships produced by the SoL COLGIS to the outside world for mutual benefits of both. I take this opportunity to welcome all participants to ILC2011and hope that you enjoy your stay in Penang, Malaysia.
Dr. Nuarrual Hilal Md. Dahlan, ACIS
The 6th UUM International Legal Conference 2011 (ILC 2011)
Universiti Utara Malaysia
Among the legal topics of current interest in this conference which will be presented and discussed in this conference are:
1) Consumer Protection for Online Banking Scams via E-Mail In Malaysia;
2) Halangan Undang-Undang Dan Transformasi Institusi Perbankan Dan Kewangan Di Malaysia;
3) Fraud in Letter Of Credit – Malaysian Banks’ PerspectivePelaksanaan Sistem Pajak Gadai Islam (Al–Rahnu) Dan Pajak Gadai Konvensional Di Malaysia: Satu Komentar
4) Phishing: A Challenge For E-Banking In Malaysia;
5) Capability Of Applying Human Rights In Fighting Terrorism Process Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ): A Case Study of Malaysian-Indonesian Dispute in Celebes Sea
6) The EU Security And Safety Legislations As Examples Of The EU Primary And Secondary Legislation And Some Related Problems;
7) Reforming The ASEAN Economic Community’s Dispute Settlement Mechanisms “Going Forward” The Changing Facet of Partnership Base Business Structure; Development of Venture Capital Vehicles in Malaysia;
8) The Theories Underpinning Corporate Insolvency Law: An Analysis;
9) Directors’ Obligations Towards Creditors Under The CSR Regime: Common Law Position And Islamic Perspective;
10) The Administration of Environmental Justice Systems In Malaysia And Bangladesh: An Empirical Study For Sustainable Development;
11) Democracy And Political Governance In South Africa: Two Decades After Apartheid Islamic Headscarf Debate In Europe: An International Human Rights Law Approach
12) Tax Laws Affecting Waqf In Malaysia: A Comparison With The United States And Turkey;
13) Menjustifikasikan Ilmu Dan Amalan Sihir Sebagai Satu Jenayah Berdasarkan Peruntukan Dalam Kanun Keseksaan;
14) Menzahirkan Sisi Ghaib Actus Reus Dan Mens Rea Jenayah Sihir;
15) Anti-Money Laundering And Counter Financing Of Terrorism In Malaysian And Islamic Law;
16) Investigation And Prosecution Of Money Laundering Cases In Malaysia;
17) Kesalahan Penghinaan Terhadap Nabi Muhammad SAW Dari Perspektif Undang-Undang Syariah Dan Undang-Undang Di Malaysia;
18) Islamic Alternatives For A Credit Card;
19) The International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA) 1998 And The Role Of Religion In International Law Kontrak Hibrid Muamalat Dari Perspektif Undang-Undang: Analisis Terhadap Produk Pembiayaan Perumahan Secara Musharakah Mutanaqisah;
20) The Enactment and Application of the Administration of Muslim Personal Law, 2008: A Challenge to the Legal System in Uganda;
21) Indonesian Migrant Workers: Legal Right, Exploitation, Bullying, Labor Standards, And Bilateral Relationship To Result Win-Win Solution Between Both Workers’ Right To Establish Trade Unions: Iranian Laws According To The International Labour Organization (ILO) Standards;
22) Frod Dalam Urus Niaga Tanah: Satu Kajian Perbandingan Dengan Undang-Undang Tanah Australia;
23) Computer Evidence: Issues And Challenges In The Present And In The FuturePeranan Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (PBT) Dalam Menanggani Isu Penipuan Tanda Halal Di Premis Makanan; and,
24) A Study On The Governance Of Bloggers In Malaysia.